VCU200 PROGRAMMABLE EV CONTROL UNIT
AEM EV Vehicle Control Units (VCUs) are the missing link for high-performance EV street-conversion motorsports applications. They allow the calibrator to create customized torque management strategies applicable to a wide range of EV systems and component combinations. They integrate EV systems and unify the tuning experience providing motorsports- and conversion-ready features presented in a high feature, modern and customizable interface. Be In Control with AEM EV.
AEM EV's VCU200 is built on OEM hardware and features OEM quality strategies. Combined, these provide the highest level of reliability, and more importantly, safety for both the programmer and end-user.
The VCU200 in default configuration can manage a single inverter/motor system, communicate with four independent CAN bus networks, and it can be used on direct-drive and indirect-drive EV setups. Multiple motor control systems may be possible depending on the application (contact firstname.lastname@example.org). Please refer to the Supported Applications Tab for supported Motors, Inverters, Battery Management Systems (BMS) and other EV devices.
Primary functions of the AEM VCU200 include:
- Input characterization including accelerator pedal, brake switch, PRND switches and other driver/vehicle inputs
- Redundancy and arbitration features for all safety-critical inputs
- Startup and shutdown sequencing of high voltage components, including independent contactor control
- CAN message translation for BMS, inverter, PDUs, and other CAN accessories
- Motor torque management dependent on vehicle operating states and other driver-selectable modes
- Closed-loop motor speed regulation for indirect drive transmission applications
- Dynamic torque limits that maximize safety and optimize performance
- Accessory control of cooling pumps, cooling fans, lights and more
- Diagnostics and fault detection including CAN message timeouts, thermal limits, contactor, and inverter enable cross-checks
- Part # 30-8000
The AEM EV VCU200 features a waterproof aluminum enclosure (IP67K, -40C - 105C) and has an 80 pin connector. It is built on OEM hardware with OEM control strategies and uses proprietary AEMcal software for programming (learn more about AEMcal software).
The VCU200 can control one electric motor/inverter and link 4 independent controller area networks (CAN bus). A general set of hardware features is shown below. Actual features are application dependent (contact email@example.com).
- 13 Analog inputs
- 15 Digital Inputs
- 4 Frequency inputs
- 12 Low-side drivers
- 6 High-side drivers
- 4 Half Bridges with shunt resistors which provide - 4 low side drivers (PWM) or 4 High Side Drivers
USE THIS VCU WITH EXTREME CAUTION. MISUSE AND/OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION CAN CAUSE SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE AND PROPERTY BELONGING TO YOU OR OTHERS, AS WELL AS PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH. IF YOU ARE NOT WELL VERSED IN THE INSTALLATION OF TRACTIVE SYSTEMS OR CONFIGURING THE CALIBRATIONS IN THE AEM EV VCU THAT ARE NECESSARY TO CONTROL THE VEHICLE, YOU SHOULD REFER THE INSTALLATION AND VCU CALIBRATION TO A REPUTABLE INSTALLATION FACILITY, OR CONTACT AEM EV FOR A REFERRAL IN YOUR AREA. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER TO ULTIMATELY CONFIRM THAT THE INSTALLATION AND CALIBRATIONS ARE SAFE FOR ITS INTENDED USE.