Whalen Speed Wasted Spark Ignition
This system is ran in factory wasted spark configuration (two coils fire simultaneously). This kit is designed for stock ecu use and is a direct plug and play replacement for the stock ignition coils.
In order to not overheat and damage to coil, the recommended ignition dwell at 9000 rpm is 2.8 milliseconds, 8000 rpm 3 milliseconds, and 7000 rpm 3.4 milliseconds. On the stock Evo 8/9 ecu the factory settings are completely safe for these coils to 9000 rpm. We run increased dwell times over factory depending on the engine's power level.
Specs on the coil are as followed:
- Output Voltage: up to 81kV +/- 10%
- Output Energy: up to 250mJ +/- 7% (8mS dwell @ 14 volts)
- Peak Secondary Current: 100mA +/- 7%
- Arc Duration: 3.2mS +/- 10% @ 3.0mS dwell target
- Max Continuous Dwell: 9mS not to exceed 40% duty cycle
- Max Intermittent Dwell: 88% duty cycle for 9 sec max
1- Coil plate with mounting hardware
4- IGN1-A coils with hardware
4- Spark plug wires with dielectric grease to use on connections
1- Plug and play harness with tefzel insulated aerospace wire covered in DSG V25 sleeving for chemical, abrasion, and environmental protection
These are made to order, please allow 2-3 weeks for shipment.